Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Procession of Elephants




Barnum and Bailey's was in Kent a couple of weeks ago to perform at the Showare Center...which is right down the street from my parents' house! When we found out that animals would be passing the house between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m., my brother, my mom, Aislin and I kept a close eye on the street for those whole two hours; but when noon came around and people were standing by the sidewalk or sitting in lawn chairs at the edge of their driveways and still no animals, my brother and I got impatient and decided to jog down the street in the direction they'd be coming from. We decided that, if we saw any animals coming, we'd book it back to the house to get my mom and Aislin ready. As we were crossing the street at the first intersection, we saw cop lights down the street and then big brown figures. We just stared and squinted, trying to figure out what we were seeing. And then an ear flapped and we heard a trumpet-like sound in the distance. We were like little kids seeing elephants for the first time...because, well, it was our first time seeing them on the street...near our house... So awesome.

1 comment:

  1. No YOU were acting like a kid \(+o+ )

    I was very calm.. <(-_-)>

    ReplyDelete