Sunday, August 26, 2012

Boys

REALLY?!
Did I mention our son is TWO now? And that's he's fully aware of it? 
The picture above is an example of what Des likes to do these days, which is mainly to give his mother twice as much to clean. He had gotten into the bag of rice in the pantry and gingerly sprinkled it all over the hardwood floor--under the pool table, in the kitchen and also the dining room. After vacuuming forever and hearing dry rice grains flick against the plastic canister, I collected at least a cup of rice. 
Sigh.
What I didn't take a picture of was the dry macaroni I found in the hallway--in front of and inside the kids' bedroom and bathroom. I screamed because I thought they looked like maggots at first...until I heard Aislin say, "Desmond did it." 
Ah.

Now this next picture...is funny. And CUTE!
I honestly have no idea how my kids can sleep where they do! I attempted to move him out from under his sister's bed (and she, by the way, was laying on the floor between her bed and her brother's) because I could imagine him crying at 5 a.m. because he had tried to turn over and couldn't...but Tim was asleep and my belly wouldn't let me get down on the floor to pull Des out by his legs. So he slept there...all night and well into the morning, not waking up until the usual--7:30. 
Oh, and yes, my heart stopped beating when I saw he wasn't in his bed that night and he wasn't laying next to his sister or hiding in the closet! It may have been a really weird place to find him but I'm glad he was just under a bed :)

And, of course, Tim was right...as were all the other men in my family! Baby #3 is a boy :)
If you look closely, it's a very clear picture of boy parts :P

I remember someone asking us what we wanted to have. (Such a weird question, really!) Tim said he already knew it was a boy, and I said I just wanted it to be a girl so that he'd be wrong. This friend's response was, "It's not a competition."
Uhhh...of course it is--when you're married!
I may not have won the guessing game (for which I'm only 1 for 3 anyway) but I'm so excited for this little boy. So excited, in fact, that I drove straight to Babies r' Us after the ultrasound ;)
In the back of my mind, I kept hearing, "Wait until Black Friday! Or at least Labor Day weekend!!" But...but but but...look at all the cute onesies! 

1 comment:

  1. I would have freaked out not seeing my kid in their bed too! and congrats on the next little man!

    ReplyDelete