Thursday, August 20, 2015

Here Comes the Caboose


6 weeks
(taken in April)
8 weeks
Sweet Baby #4 is due on November 28th of this year, and we're having a BOY! Holy moly, three boys in Scouts...and one girl to rule them all - bwahahaha! We've made a number of jokes about this, including how Tim was, for the first time ever, WRONG about the baby's sex; how the Lord must've known we could only handle one girl; how getting pregnant just before the start of summer might not have been the best idea; and how Tim was wrong :)

We feel like this baby will be our last, mainly because my health gets a little worse with each pregnancy (but only during pregnancy...and yes, I'm talking about gestational diabetes), but also because I've reached the point where I'm just not having fun anymore! Pregnancy used to be very exciting, even in the first trimester...but now I find myself focusing on the inconveniences and discomforts more than the incredibleness of it all. I feel like I've "been there and done that," which tells me that this chapter in my life is coming to a close.
12 weeks

However, I will never forget sitting with Tim inside the Mesa Temple and praying about whether or not we should try for another child sooner, later, or not at all...and we both received the same answer: that the Lord would take care of us - my health, our finances, our needs - should we have another baby. Two months later, we received a Sweet blessing :)
24 weeks
So here's to our caboose, the butt-end to our loaf of banana bread, the tail to our 6-piece dragon costume...whatever his name may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment