Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quincy, WA

Where, you ask? Central Washington--past Ellensburg, near Moses Lake, about a half hour's drive from Wenatchee...

I never thought I'd live in a town so small that the only fastfood restaurants are McDonald's and Subway, the nearest Wal-Mart is in the next town and the nearest Costco is in another nearby town. But I like it! It kills gas but I love having an excuse to drive out to Ephrata just to shop at a Wal-Mart supercenter, and I love driving out to Wenatchee for Costco, Taco Bell, and just about anything else. I love how no one seems to be in much of a rush out here. I love that I'll probably never get lost on the road, especially since I've already mentally mapped out most of the town (and because there's only one main street). And I love that I got to see the Milky Way, clearly, for the first time.

Now for some funny stories!

The first time we came to Quincy, we stopped at McDonald's for lunch. After I ordered, Tim asked the girl behind the register where the nearest Washington Mutual was? She said, "What's that?"

The day we moved out here, the Relief Society president offered to buy us a pizza for dinner. When she asked what kind we like, I told her that we're big fans of "combination." She said, "A combination of what?"

I am officially the second Filipino in Quincy. How do I know? The first Filipino told me.

I took Aislin to her second well-baby checkup last week. Since she was almost 2-months-old and due for all her shots, we had to wait for a nurse to administer them. As soon as the nurse came in, the first thing she asked me was, "Do you need an interpreter?"

Nothin' wrong with any of these experiences... They make good stories and all in good fun :D

No comments:

Post a Comment