Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Settled In

Click to play This Just In!
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

Last weekend, Tim started his regular shift at work--graveyard: Wed-Sat, 10 p.m.-9 a.m., Sun-Tues off. It sounds like a crazy shift but it works surprisingly well! Aislin and I go to bed when he goes to work, and when we're awake, he's at home. Of course he sleeps throughout most of the day, but it's comforting to know he's at home.

Before, he was on the swing shift from 12 p.m.-11 p.m. and it was terrible :( I had to stay up late just to spend time with him and Aislin barely got to see him at all. I felt like I was the only one taking care of her during the week and it drove me nuts. I was worried that it would always be like that, since we don't have any family or close friends here--that I'd always be lonely and alone in taking care of our daughter. Plus he had to work Sundays.

So yeah, graveyard isn't too bad.

Aislin had a well-baby check-up at 7 1/2-weeks-old. She was alseep when she got the first immunization shot on her leg, but I was a little too optimistic in thinking she'd sleep through it. She did one of those long silent screams...which then escalated into several high-pitched squeals. I think she screamed louder than when she was born!

My family came to visit us last weekend :) They brought food to cook here and took a million pictures of Aislin. In the last picture, she had the most exasperated look on her face! We can't wait to do it again :)

Aislin with her Lolo

1 comment: